Saturday, August 1, 2015

From the shelf: Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)

Title: Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
Author: TR Ragan
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Crime
Date read: July 27-29, 2015
Dawn Rates:  (4.5/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Desperate for better ratings, radio psychologist Madeline Blair tells her listeners she’s being stalked, unaware that her long-time listener and biggest fan, Seth Brown, will do anything to protect her. When her publicity stunt is revealed, Seth becomes enraged by her deceit and dangerously unhinged.

When her friends mysteriously begin to vanish and damning evidence points to Madeline, she turns to private investigator Lizzy Gardner for help. Lizzy knows her way around a murderer’s mind, after surviving her own horrifying ordeal at the hands of a serial killer years ago.

As Lizzy closes in, Seth Brown is undeterred. Madeline wanted a stalker and now she has one. Nothing is going to stop him. He’s obsessed.

My Review: (also in goodreads)


I read all kinds of genres and I notice that sometimes I slightly lean into the mystery/suspense/psychological thriller/espionage plots. It reminds me of CSI/Bones/Castle TV series which I enjoy. This book reminds me of an episode or two. It had all the right shift to other scenes without being all over the place (which I experienced in the first book of this series). It took me a while to get reacquainted with the Lizzy Gardner series and as much as I had hoped and mere, I still love it. Lizzy Gardner is back and it seems like there was a time skip of 2 years. At the last book, Hayley quit her job to have her revenge on Brian Rosie, the drug abusive guy who killed her mother. As for Lizzy, she's still keeping her business running, is engaged to the love of her life and sort of getting by with life. With her wedding just months away everyone would think that she was busy with preparations right? Not. She is still keeping herself busy with business as usual. Obsessed as the title of this book is apt. Here, there are different kinds of obsessions: Lizzy, obsessed with her work; Hayley, obsessed on getting revenge to finally keep her satisfied and the killer who finally snapped because o obsession. The killer's background is quite unique: he is a doting husband until something snaps. It was triggered by his wife's infidelity and by that one person he though saved him but realized that everything is a lie. I think it goes beyond that, it started in his childhood. What I didn't like but sort of anticipated is the scene at the end. That cliffhanger breaks my heart...into a thousand pieces.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...