Thursday, August 27, 2015

From the shelf: The Silent Girl (Rizzoli and Isles #09)

Title: The Silent Girl (Rizzoli and Isles #9)
Author: Tess Gerritsen
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Crime, Thriller
Date read: August 25, 2015
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

EVIL IS ON THE PROWL

A severed hand is found in an alleyway in Boston’s Chinatown. Detective Jane Rizzoli discovers the rest of the body on a nearby rooftop, the head nearly severed.


The only clue Jane has is two strands of hair, but it’s enough for Forensic Pathologist Maura Isles to make a startling connection. This violent attack has its roots in an unsolved murder-suicide case from nineteen years ago. The only witness, a beautiful martial arts master, has never dared to speak.

And she may never get the chance..

My Review: (also in goodreads)

Rizzoli and Isles series: The SurgeonThe ApprenticeThe SinnerBody Double,VanishThe Mephisto ClubThe Keepsake
Rizzoli and Isles short stories: Freaks

This time the battle revolves around Chinese myths and folklore. In the beginning, Maura Isles was introduced while being a medical examiner at a trial. Jullian Perkins, the teenager Maura wanted to adopt and Bear was visiting for the week. Though I thought that I would see more of her in this story, it was Jane Rizzoli's time to shine. The novel centers around a homicide happening at Boston's China town and as the team goes deeper, it then becomes complicated. Reading this felt like watching that cliche Kung Fu movies I used to watch with all the mystery and suspense. I had my suspicions around who the perp was even though he was working at the side of justice. I liked this novel, it didn't make me grip my seat like the earlier ones but I still loved wondering about everything that is happening.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...