Friday, August 21, 2015

Adventures of a Bibliophile: NBS The Great Warehouse Sale 2015

August 15, 2015
Saturday

I wasn't supposed to go to this warehouse sale considering that I'm from the South and the venue is way at the North. Luckily, I have a friend living in the area and that solves my problem.

This was my first NBS warehouse sale and I was very much excited about it....and of course so does the others who patiently waited in line before going up. We arrived at 11AM and as my friend Carla was going to buy drinks, I waited inside and luckily I was there passing by when the saleslady brought out J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy'. Of course I had to plunge into the battlefield of readers and yes, I got one! The price is from 900+PHP to just 100PHP. Great deal indeed.

This is the spot which we claimed as our rest stop

People searching for a great find

Our basket was filled with great finds which we will filter later

As we go deeper in the afternoon, more and more readers flock in search for gems and great finds

....and after 8 hours, these are my great finds

I was exhausted and hungry but it was worth it. Will I do it again? Yes! But I'm going to be more prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...