Friday, September 13, 2013

Welcome bibliophiles and readers alike!
You have finally crossed this threshold, this quiet corner of a blog...

I am Dawn.
Blogger of Tea, Books, Crannies and Nooks.
I have been blogging since 2011 on my personal take on books but it is only in the last 2 1/2 years where I tried to concentrate on building this book blog.

I love to read (obviously) since I was young.
Instead of Barbies, my favorite gifts is either stuff toys or books. 
I remember my first interaction with books through the children's book 'Milton the Monster'. And I definitely loved the fact that Milton's tummy was squeaking. Yes, I was that child endlessly squeaking Milton's tummy for fun. I was sad that my book was gone when we moved to another city. I hope anyone knows that book.

During my grade school years, my love for the mystery genre begun: Nancy Drew, Harriet the Spy, Hardy Boys, Tin Tin to name a few. I did enjoy the occasional Baby Sitters Club, Sweet Valley and Archie comics. Greek and Roman mythologies are also fun to read. Yes, I was that kid who stays in the library if I have time to spare during lunchtime. I was a nerd...still am.

High school years opened my world to Harry Potter (Slytherin!), the classics starting with Pride and Prejudice...well, everyone fell in love with Mr. Darcy and the rest is history.

Genres I love to review:
I am a broad reader but I particularly love...
Mystery/Thriller/Horror/Suspense/Crime genre, thus my current love affair with  the the following series: Bones, Castle, How to Get Away with Murder, Hannibal, American Horror Story. All dark? I too enjoy Empire, New Girl, The Mindy Project and who doesn't love F.R.I.E.N.D.S., How I Met Your Mother, Will and Grace, Dharma and Greg, Charmed...there I go blabbing again.

YA novels! I love reading every sub-genre of the YA world. I don't only read dark things, everyone. Balance...everyone needs balance.

For romance, I do enjoy the Historical Romance sub-genre because of my mom's Barbara Cartland collection.

I love to read and review from authors known and especially those new ones. It may surprise anyone but there is an abundance of gems...so give them a chance. The only sad thing is that I only have ebooks...I like to have a physical copy! That would go well with my library...very pretty indeed. I live at the other side of the world *forever crying*. They should have those in the local bookstores!!! Yep, I have that list: 'buy the physical copy list'.

I love to babble, talk, gush about everything....but in the real world I am an introvert. My geeky job is my real world and this is my alter ego. I feel like a superhero and I love it.

After reading me talk on and on above, its time to hear from you! Bibliophiles, readers and the first timers...especially those who finally found the love of reading, I hope that this blog will help you find a new good book to love and immerse you into the world unknown.

You may catch me at:
Twitter: @hikarulibrary
Email: dawnlanante@gmail.com
Bookstagram: @hikarulibrary

Music. Dramas. Series. Movies. Manga. Anime. Books. Book Reviews. Travel Diaries. Stories. Blogs. Fandoms. Part Geek. Part Nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...