Saturday, August 1, 2015

From the shelf: Sincerely, Carter

Title: Sincerely, Carter
Author: Whitney Gracia Williams
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Date read: July 27, 2015
Dawn Rates:  (3/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Just friends.

We’re just friends.
No, really. She’s just my best friend... 

Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…)

Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line.

Never thought about it.
Never wanted to.

Until one night changed everything.
At least, it should’ve ...

Just friends.
We’re just friends.
I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…
My Review: (also in goodreads)


I always had a soft spot on contemporary romance plots which involves friends who fall for each other. Maybe its because of that familiarity that draws me in. They don't have to pretend to be someone else just for the other person to like them. It is the fact that, that friend likes you for who you are without any pretensions. When I first saw this book I though that it would be nice for a change to have the male protagonist's point of view but by the middle of it, the point of view interchanges between the female and male protagonists. Instead of chapters, the author wrote a Taylor Swift song that defines the mood. They may have been friends since the fifth fourth grade, but one way or another they get attracted to each other. Plus, of course they couldn't go back to what they were before after giving in to lust. I can honestly believe that in a boy-girl friendship even though it ends up platonic, one way or another there was that point in time where you liked one another. The difference is the decision to pursue that or just comfortably stay as friends without any regrets.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...