Saturday, October 13, 2012

From the shelf: Stranger in the Moonlight by Jude Deveraux


Jude Deveraux's "Stranger in the Moonlight"
This was the first time I would be reviewing a novel of contemporary romance. I have her "Remembrance" novel but sadly I didn't finish it. One day I may. Apparently "Stranger in the Moonlight" is the 7th novel in the Edilean series but the 2nd in the Moonlight Edilean series. Having "Moonlight in the Morning" and "Moonlight Masquarade" (to be published in 2013) completing the Moonlight trilogy.
"An enchanting new contemporary romance set in Edilean, about two childhood friends who are reunited after years apart, only to discover that the spark they felt even as kids still remains...

When Kim Aldredge was eight, she met a twelve-year-old boy named Travis who was visiting her hometown of Edilean, Virginia with his mother. Even though they were there under mysterious circumstances, that didn’t stop the children from becoming friends. For two blissful weeks they rode bikes, played baseball, and read out loud to each other. They were ordinary things to Kim, but to Travis, they were oh-so-extraordinary. And Travis helped Kim discover her love of making jewelry, the passion that became her profession. Before he left he told her that someday he’d return, and for years Kim kept the photo of her and Travis, their arms around each other and smiling, close to her. 

Travis is now a successful attorney in Manhattan—but there are things in his life that he doesn’t want made public. And even though he’s traveled the world, he still thinks about that summer he spent in Edilean, and the girl he met there. Those weeks changed his life forever. When Travis learns that his mother has moved back to Edilean and is planning to remarry, he decides it’s time that he return as well—not just to investigate this future husband, but to finally fulfill the promise he made to Kim all those years before…. 
(cr. goodreads)
My opinion? I'm biased with plots revolving around childhood friends torn apart not seeing each other for many years only for the relationship restored by fate and in the process have fallen in love with each other. That made me interested in this book. I don't read Jude Deveraux's books that much. Heck, I even fell asleep towards the middle of her "Remembrance" novel (but I will give it justice soon). I read romance novels and I find historical romances quite entertaining *cough* Barbara Cartland *cough* and this was no exception. I find the story interesting even the male protagonists' back story although I find it creepy for him to be stalking the female protagonist when he could have just talked to her all those years but it was kind of romantic (see the irony?). Though this novel is set in the modern times there were still references on historical backgrounds such as Kim looking for the missing link in her ancestry. I breezed through the novel and I guess its a good one time read especially if you want a good past time. I found out that it was the second book of the Moonlight Edilean series. Would I read the rest? Maybe not now or anytime soon, someday...we'll see.

"Stranger in the Moonlight" gets (3.5/5)

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...