Saturday, September 21, 2013

From the shelf: Always You

Title: Always You
Author: Kirsty Moseley
Genre: YA, Romance, Chick-Lit
Date read: September 13-14, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (2/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Riley Tanner has a best friend, the best friend a girl could ask for. He’s supportive, loyal, honest, trustworthy, kind, and thoughtful. He’s also the biggest player in school.

Their relationship has always been easy and affectionate, but after Riley’s month long vacation, things become a little strange. She starts to look at him in ways that go way beyond the ‘friend zone’. Add in her best friend’s rival, and things become a whole lot more complicated.


My Review: (also in goodreads)

Let me start by saying, there are so many things wrong in this book. I am not hating and I definitely am not turning into an anti but I expected more...much, much more. After reading The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window, I was so touched by Liam James that I expected the next male protagonist to be the same and maybe more. But I was wrong. I can't count how many times I cringed and skipped parts of the book. This seems rushed and the hype in me died down severely as the story dragged on. All through out, I was like looking at how I constructed stories when I was a teenager. The foundation of the plot was there, but the execution and the ability to attract readers? Not so much. It's sweet when friends especially best friends get together in the end but how they got together was wrong. You don't kiss your best friend and lust after them at the same time expect everything to be the same. You can't demand everything then say you are just friends. For me this was like a desperate resurrection of the reason why readers TBWSIMBW. I liked the first novel and because of that I'm giving the other book a chance; and that is why maybe I gave this 2 stars instead of 1.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...