Saturday, September 21, 2013

From the shelf: Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1)

Title: Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1)
Author: Josephine Angelini
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal, Mythology
Date read: September 3-6, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (3.5/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

My Review: (also in goodreads)

This was recommended to me as I was scanning available reads on Good Reads. Being someone entranced with mythologies, I decided to give it a try after the series being on my 'to read shelf' for almost a month. At first I thought that this would be another book and since I started I should get through with it but it did really reel me in. Basically by the fact that Helen's true nature peaked my interest. It took me halfway through the book having the question 'why' hanging over my head. I, of course for a fact knew that she was different (of course they all are) that was definitely a 'duh' moment. But what reeled me is the way things were revealed. I also expected the prophecy, they all had one, but I still want to know how everything unfolds in the end. Bound by betrayal, deception and destiny I guess Helen and Lucas have to work everything out on their own.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...