Thursday, January 10, 2013

From the shelf: Losing it

Title: Losing it
Author: Cora Carmack
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance
Date read: January 08, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (3.5/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
My Review: (also in goodreads)

Another YA novel has tugged at my interest. The earlier chapters of this book seems shallow and the synopsis even gave me that 'what the heck' moment especially that female protagonist's "so-called" problem at hand. What made me stay and continue to read the book is the first night Garrick and Bliss met. Not to mention the fact that he was her professor (another tug of familiarity at a well-loved book). All in all, I pretty much liked it since their relationship progressed with fine taste and of course because nobody knew except her closest friends. I disliked Kelsey at first but she kind of grew into me especially when she was rooting for Garrick and Bliss' relationship. My heart broke a bit for Cade, he wasn't just the best friend but he was also in love with her. They fought when he thought she strung her along but I'm glad that he didn't become that unwanted antagonist. I loved the ending especially the part that both of them are in Philly staging a play of Pride and Prejudice (a book I love so much) and also the fact that it would be happy ever after for the both of them.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...