Sunday, March 16, 2014

From the Shelf: Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor #3)

Title: Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor #3)
Author: Jill Shalvis
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Chick-Lit
Date read: March 15-16, 2014
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Breaking rules and breaking hearts

Free-spirited Chloe lives life on the edge. Unlike her soon-to-be married sisters, she isn't ready to settle into a quiet life running their family's newly renovated inn. But soon her love of trouble--and trouble with love-draws the attention of the very stern, very sexy sheriff who'd like nothing better than to tame her wild ways.

Suddenly Chloe can't take a misstep without the sheriff hot on her heels. His rugged swagger and his enigmatic smile are enough to make a girl beg to be handcuffed. For the first time, instead of avoiding the law, Chloe dreams of surrender. Can this rebel find a way to keep the peace with the straitlaced sheriff? Or will Chloe's colorful past keep her from a love that lasts . . . and the safe haven she truly wants in a town called Lucky Harbor?

 My Review: (also in goodreads)


This would be the 'Wild Child's turn. The baby of the family, Chloe who couldn't put down roots like their mother is the focus of this story. And who else would be her leading man but the last member of Lucky Harbor's three musketeers, Sawyer...the sheriff. It seemed like they were opposites of the same coin but I guess they complete each other. Sawyer needed someone to remind him that he shouldn't be too uptight to earn everyone's trust back and Chloe needed someone to anchor her down in a good way especially that she's building a home with her sisters. Although in the Lucky Harbor sister trilogy, I liked the second book better, this story still stood its ground. This series reminds me of the Kowalski series which I also loved and those Harlequin romance books that my mother has as her collection which me and my sister have been reading in our teenage years. It also made me sad that obviously I would move on from their story (I felt that when there was an epilogue) especially the next book would be based in another character from Lucky Harbor and not in the circle of the sisters. Well, I do hope to see a glimpse of them in the next book too. 

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...