Saturday, April 27, 2013

From the shelf: Second Chance Boyfriend

Title: Second Chance Boyfriend
Author: Monica Murphy
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Date read: April 24-25, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.

My Review: (also in goodreads)

After reading One Week Girlfriend, I immediately wanted to know what happened when Drew abandoned Fable for her sake to clean up the mess in his life. Seriously, that was the noble thing to do but there was a part in the book where I wanted to smack him for doing it. I also wanted Colin to be the third guy in the relationship but it doesn't work that way. But I forgave him because of the fact that Drew Callahan is the sweetest guy ever and Fable is lucky to have him. Adele is the craziest bitch ever and I appreciate the fact that Drew's father sided with him rather with his wife. Things I wanted before it ended: Colin and Jen's relationship (another book perhaps?), and I wanted to see Owen's own story, I think he is Drew in the making ^^

"Loving someone is taking a constant risk with your emotions. When you find the right person, the one you know you want to be with, that person becomes worth the risk"
- Dr. Harris

Most of the time I'm thinking of you
All of the time I love you
Remembering the good times and the bad
So much has
Happened and
Maybe I'm moving too fast
All I know is I...
Love you. And want to
Live with you
Only you
Will you be my wife?

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...